Hands On Heroes is working with Wayne Carle Middle School, and the USO, to collect donations for care bags to ship to deployed service members.
There will be a drive thru donation drop off on May 21st, at Wayne Carle Middle School, between 9:00am-11:00am. At that time you can bring any donations you have. Please see below for the different lists of requested items.
REQUESTED DONATION ITEMS (New and in original packaging)
Food (Individually wrapped, easy to open and carry)
- Beef Jerky
- Protein bars
- Packages of nuts
- Packages of trail mix
- Candy (sealed wrapping or small unopened bags)
- Water flavorings
- Electrolyte packets
- Single serving cookie/snack cakes packages
- Single serving crackers/chips packages
- Tuna packets
- Nut butter packets
- Hot sauce
Toiletries (Travel size, individually wrapped)
- Lip Balm/Chapstick
- Deodorant (non aerosol)
- Body lotion/ hand cream
- Foot powder
- Shaving gel
- Baby wipes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Playing cards and card games (Uno, Phase 10, etc.)
- Mechanical Pencils
- Air fresheners
Hand written cards Please follow these guidelines, if you would like to hand write a card or note for a service member, to be included in the care bags.
- No glitter
- Keep comments upbeat and positive.
- Use print vs. cursive, as some service members may not know cursive.
- If you are older than 18, and would like to attempt correspondence, you may include your e-mail address (no guarantee you’ll get a response, but it’s worth a try if you’re interested).
- If you are younger than 18, please do not include any identifying information (full name, address, etc.). First name/nicknames are good, and general things like grade you are in, or town you are in.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
- NO GLASS (containers, ornaments, etc)
- NO SHARP OBJECTS (safety pins, razors)
- NO PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALCOHOL
- NO AEROSOLS
- NO GLITTER